LICENSING EXAMINATION – TOUR GUIDE COURSE
Part B – Total of 70 Points
Time allotment for this section of the examination: three hours.
Choose one of the following three groups and plan a tour for it.
Group No. 1
A group of students from abroad, interested in UNESCO World Heritage Sites. The tour departs from Tel Aviv on Monday at 8:00 and ends in Mitzpe Ramon on Tuesday at 19:00.
- The tour should not extend north of Tel Aviv or south of the Dead Sea, and no further south than the Ramon Carter.
- The route must exclude Jerusalem.
- At least five World Heritage sites must be included.
- The elaborated point must be related to one of these sites and must include the criteria for selecting it as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO.
Group No. 2
A group of Jewish families from the United States (belonging to various streams of Judaism), want to have a Bar/Bat Mitzvah tour with an emphasis on Judaism and Zionism in the north of Israel. The tour will start in Acre on Monday at 08:00 and end in Tiberius on Tuesday at 19:00.
- Do not deviate south of the Tzemach-Haifa line.
- The tour must include half a day in the Golan Heights and half a day in Safed (Tzfat) – no more and no less.
- The elaborated point must be at a site relating to the subject of Judaism or Zionism.
Group No. 3
A group of Israelis request a two day tour in Jerusalem on the topic “Jerusalem Through the Ages”. The tour will depart on Monday at 08:00 and end on Tuesday at 19:00.
- The tour will include the Old as well as the New city of Jerusalem.
- The tour must include at least seven different historical periods.
- The elaborated point must be in the New City.