Kibbutz Yad Mordechai was established in 1943 south of Ashkelon .
It was named after Mordechai Anielewicz, who led the Warsaw uprising in earlier that year.
In 1948 the kibbutz held for six days against the Egyptian army, and later was liberated and rebuilt.
Part of the battle site is now presented to the public, including some original military equipment.
|Battle of Yad Mordechai on Wikipedia|
|Yad Mordechai on Google Maps|
|Kibbutz Yad Mordechai Website|
Points of Interest in the Area
Go for a Virtual Tour at the 1948 Yad Mordechai Battle Site