The Citadel of Qaitbay was established in 1477 as a defensive fortress of Alexandria by Al-Ashraf Sayf al-Din Qa’it Bay .
The Citadel is located at the entrance to the eastern harbour of Alexandria, at Pharos Island, at the exact location of the famous lighthouse of Alexandria in ancient times.
|Citadel of Qaitbay on Wikipedia|
|Citadel of Qaitbay on Tripadvisor|
|Citadel of Qaitbay on Google Maps|
Points of Interest in the Area
|Abu Al-Abbas al-Mursi Mosque|
|Kom el-Shoqafa Catacomb|
Go for a virtual Stroll in the Citadel of Qaitbay!