Jacob Firsel – Licensed Tour Guide and Author, Go to Galilee
- Born in Chicago, Illinois
- B.A. in Anthropology, the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
- Graduate of Northwestern University’s Archaeological Field School
- M.A. in Education, Northwestern University
- Makes Aliyah in 1977. Attends the WUJS Institute in Arad
- Joins the Israeli Defense Force (IDF). Serves as a combat medic in the Nachal Infantry Brigade.
- Moves to Nazareth-Illit. Marries a local girl, daughter of Holocaust survivors.
- Father to 3 boys, Manny, Chen and LeeGraduate of Ministry of Tourism Guides’ Course, University of Haifa branch
- Moves to Kibbutz Ein-Gedi on the shores of the Dead Sea and guides intensively in area (1989-1993)
- Guides for the Nature and Parks Authority, Zippori (Sephoris) branch
- After years of “tourist drought,” opens Jacob’s Dream Tours
- Since 1988, a licensed tourist guide.
- Expert in private tours, providing transportation with a big and luxurious Mercedes V Class van.