Founded in 1860, “Zalatimo” along the “Via Dolorosa” serves only one type of dish – “Mutabbaq” (or “murtabak”). It is a cheese filled pastry that is made right on the spot, per every order. The storage area of the shop, which the owner used to show visitors in the past, bears a significant part of the original Church of the Holy Sepulchre – The original monumental entry way, from the contemporary Cardo Maximus.
Visiting and Eating at “Zalatimo”
“Zalatimo” shop is in the heart of the Christian Quarter in the old city of Jerusalem. As of 2019 and 2020 the shop is closed, but perhaps it will open again.