Between 1948 to 1967 the second president of Israel, Yitzchak Ben Zvi, used to asend to the site, to view towards the old city, towards the Western wall, which was then under Jordanian control, and denied for any Jewish visits.
An orthodox Jew opens the site once a week, presents the history of the site and its momuments, and often greets the visitors a traditional Jewish blessing.
For a full appreciation of the site it is recommended to combine it with a guided day tour of Jerusalem
Contact Us to Inquire About a tour of Jerusalem
Points of Interest in the Area
|Chamber of the Holocaust|
|Petrus in Gallicantu|