Set in the heart of the sandy Negev desert, Horvat Sa’adon was a remote village in the Byzantine period. It was established 3 miles east Ruheiba, probably by farmers and soldiers hired to patrol the southern limits of the Byzantine Empire.
To this day no excavations were carried out at the site, but surveys suggest it a village of about 1000 inhabitants and had three (!) churches. It was probably abandoned after the Muslim conquest of the region, and today even its ancient name is not known.
A visit to Horvat Sa’adon can be combined with an off-rad day tour along the ‘Incense Route’.
Contact Us to Inquire About a Day Tour in the South
Additional Off-Road Tour Offers
Additional Special and Themed Tours
Points of Interest in the Area