LICENSING EXAMINATION – TOUR GUIDE COURSE
Part B – Total of 70 Points
Time allotment for this section of the examination: Three hours.
Choose one of the following three groups and plan a tour for it.
Group No. 1
A group of Israeli tourists interested in touring in the North-West of the country. The tour departs from Nachsholim on Monday at 8:00 and ends in Gesher Ha-Ziv on Tuesday at 19:00.
1. The tour should not extend east or south of Road no. 70, and no further north than the Northern Road (Kvish Hatzafon). Hanita and Rosh Hanikr may be inciuded.
2. It is possible to include up to four hours of touring in Haifa and up to four hours of touring in Acre.
3. The tour must include at least 4 sites each day outside of Haifa and Acre.
4. The elaborated point must be outside of Haifa and Acre.
Group No. 2
A group of students from abroad interested in a tour focusing on various traditions relating to Christian sites in the Holy Land. The tour will start in Jaffa on Monday at 08:00 and end in Kalia on Tuesday at 19:00.
1. Do not deviate north of the Jaffa-Modiin-Allenby Bridge line. Do not deviate south of the Ashdod-Jerusalem-Qumran line.
2. The tour must include two sites from each of the following areas: the coastal plain, the Judean Lowlands (Shephela), the Jerusalem Hills and the Judean Desert
3. The tour must include half a day in Jerusalem – no more and no less.
4. The elaborated point must be at a site relating to the subject of the tour and not in Jerusalem.
Group No. 3
A group of tourists from northern Europe have chosen to tour Eilat and its surrounding area. The tour will depart from Eilat on Monday at 08:00 and end in Eilat on Tuesday at 19:00.
1. Do not deviate north of a line from Sayarim junction (on Roud 12) to Kibbutz Yotvata, or West, East and South of the political borders of Israel.
2. The tour must include four attractions in Eilat.
3. The tour must include half a day in the southern Arava and half a day in the Eilat Mountains
4. Overnight accommodation has to be in a hotel in Eilat.
5. The elaborated point must be connected to the region being toured.