LICENSING EXAMINATION – TOUR GUIDE COURSE
Part B – Total of 70 Points
Time allotment for this section of the examination: Three hours.
Choose one of the following three groups and plan a tour for it.
Group No. 1
An Israeli group is interested in a tour along the Syrian African Rift Valley from north to south. The tour begins on Monday at 08:00 at the Hula Agamon, and ends in Moshav Tsofar on Tuesday at 19:00.
- The boundaries of the tour are: In the north – the Hula Agamon. In the south – Moshav Tsofar. In the east and west – up to 3 km off Road no. 90, within the borders of the country.
- The tour must include at least 3 sites north of Beth She’an and 3 sites south of Beth She’an.
- The tour must include the following subjects: Geology, flora and fauna, archaeology, history, settlements and achievements of the State of Israel.
- The elaborated point – of your own choice, but must NOT be Masada or Qumran.
Group No. 2
A “Taglit” group from the United States is interested in a tour of Jerusalem, entitled: Jerusalem as a Capital City – from a divided to a united city (from 1949 to 2017). The tour will start on Monday at 08:00 at Binyanei Ha’uma (ICC), and will end on Tuesday at 19:00 at the Western Wall.
- The boundaries of the tour: The municipal boundaries of Jerusalem in 2017.
- The tour must include the following subjects: The Municipal Line, the Six Day War, government institutions, neighbourhoods built after 1967, commemorative institutions and museums.
- The elaborated point must relate to the municipal line or the Six Day War.
Group No. 3
A group of tourists from Turkey are interested in Israel under the Ottoman Rule, in the years 1516 till 1918. The tour will depart from Acre on Monday at 08:00 and will end in Be’er Sheva on Tuesday at 19:00.
- Do NOT include topics relating to Zionist settlement enterprise, western influences or Christian missionaries.
- The elaborated point must relate to an Ottoman development enterprise.