Sept 28 (WED)
- 16:55 arrival. WELCOME TO ISRAEL!
- Baggage collecting heading to Tiberias.
- Festive dinner experience in Tiberias.
Sept 29 (THUR)
- Cross the Sea of Galilee and ascend the Golan Heights.
- Enjoy the stunning panoramic views from the top of Mount Bental.
- Join an exciting ATV tour along the border with Syria and learn about the special geo-politics of the region.
- Have a special Druze lunch experience in one of the Druze villages.
- Join a Chocolate workshop in a kibbutz nearby.
- Optional visit to one of the local wineries.
- Optional visit to Umm el-Kanatir or Caperanum‘s ancient synagogue, learning about the ancient Jewish history of the region.
Sept 30 (FRI)
- Early morning Kayaking experience in the estuary of the Jordan River (pending on water level).
- Drive up to Safed and learn about the significant Jewish kabbalah center.
- Visit some of the old city’s picturesque synagogues. Stoll in the city’s main alley and appreciate the Judaica art galleries.
- Cross the lower galilee and tour Sepphoris, former important Rabbinical center. See some of the ancient city’s famous mosaic floors. Visit its Byzantine period synagogue, whose special decorations puzzle archaeologists to this day.
- Drive to Jerusalem and greet it a “Sheheyanu” from Mount of Olives.
- Evening: optional self-walk to the Western Wall to see Friday evening prayers.
Oct 1 (SAT)
- Drive to the Judean low hills countryside (the Shephela) for a day of various exciting activities.
- Visit Latrun and learn about the 1948 battles in the region.
- Drive along the 1948 “Burma Road” bypassing Jordanian army posts, and join a tour at the new Sha’ar Hagai visitors center.
- Continue to Beth-Shemesh and see finds related to Samson, the Ark of the Covenant, and the battle of David and Goliath.
- Descend into Maresha‘s underground city and explore its fascinating subterranean complexes.
- After a lunch break join a tour to discover the 1948 secret bullet factory near Rechovot.
Oct 2 (SUN)
- Enter the City of David for an exciting journey to its biblical past.
- Walk along a 2700 year-old water tunnel, followed by an drainage system used as an escape route by Jewish rebels some 2,000 years ago.
- Reach the Southern Wall Archaeological Park and review it highlights + a visit to Davidson Center.
- Pending on time visit to the Temple Mount. See the Muslim remarkable monuments, and spot the traces of the Jewish temple.
- After a lunch break in the Jewish Quarter explore the highlights of the Jewish Quarter.
- See King David’s tomb mark on Mount Zion.
Oct 3 (MON)
- Head down to the Dead Sea region with an optional short camel ride at the Sea Level sign.
- Drive by the caves where the famous Dead Sea Scrolls were uncovered (Qumran).
- Ascend to the top of Masada, learn on its special dramatic history and appreciate its rich remains.
- Go for a 2 hours “wet and wild” hike in Ein-gedi’s nature reserve.
- Check in to the hotel and possibly go for a swim at the Dead Sea.
Overnight: Dead Sea
Oct 4 (TUE)
- Special rappelling experience down the flower cave.
- Off-Road tour through Nahal Sodom.
- Lunch stop in Beer-Sheva followed by visit to of Ben-Gurion’s desert hut in Sde Boker.
- Appreciate the stunning view of the Ramon Crater from its northern edge. Optional visit to its visitor center.
- After dinner: Stargazing activity in the Ramon Crater.
Overnight: Ramon Crater.
Oct 5 (WED, Eve Yom Kippur)
- Morning hike in the Ramon Crater (Parsat Nekarot).
- Drive close to the border with Gaza. Learn of the geo-politics of the region, and see the rockets display at Sderot.
- Reach Tel-Aviv by 15:00 for checking in and setting for Yom Kippur.
Oct 6 (THUR, Yom Kippur)
- Day off in Tel-Aviv. Explore your area and enjoy the beach.
- Evening stroll along Rothschild boulevard or Dizengoff street.
Oct 7 (FRI)
- Morning tour of Jaffa’s old city and the flea market.
- Optional Israeli food cooking experience in the Carmel market.
- Visit the Independence Hall on Rothschild boulevard, and explore the Friday’s crafts market in Nahalat Binyamin.