The “American Colony” was established near Jaffa in 1866 by 156 devout Christians from Main, USA, who followed their priest to the Holy Land, in order to assist the re-establishment of the Jews in the Land of Israel, which in their belief will be followed with the return of Jesus.
Instead of Jesus, Cholera caused the death of many of the members of the community, especially the children, and by 1868 the community was spread. In 1871 the estate was purchased by the German Templars, who added several buildings, including a church. Since 2009 the Colony is undergoing a preservation process.
Book a Private Tour to the American Colony Near Tel-Aviv
Points of Interest in the Area
|“Hatachana” – Jaffa Railway Station|
|Day Tour of Jaffa and Tel-Aviv|