The Russian “Concent of the Ascension” on the top of Mount of Olives was founded by the Archimentdrite Antonine Kapustin in 1870, and is one of the first Russian compounds in the Holy Land.
It bears a main church with a rock believed to be the rock Mary Magdalene stood at the ascension of Jesus; an exceptionally high bell tower; and a chapel where the head of John the Baptist was found.
|“Russian Church and Convent of the Ascension” on Hebrew Wikipedia|
|Russian Church and Convent of the Ascension on Tripadvisor|
|Russian Church and Convent of the Ascension on Google Maps|
|Mount of Olives Russian Convent of the Ascension Website|
Points of Interest in the Area
|Chapel of the Ascension|
|Church of the Pater Noster|
|Tomb of the Prophets|