The “Hurvah” Synagaogue is and was the biggest synagogue in the Jewish Quarter in the Old city of Jerusalem. It was founded in 1700, but destroyed in 1721, hence its nick-name (“Hurva” = ruin).
The synagogue was destroyed again, by the Jordanians, in 1948, but in 2000-2010 it was re-built one more time, in a plan attempting to replicate the original structure and design of up to 1948.
Operating as an active synagogue for the local religious community, visiting the site is limited to the womens’ court and the rooftop view only.
Book a Private Tour to the “Hurva” Synagogue
The “Hurvah” Synaoggue is in the Jewish Quarter of the Old City of Jerualem.
Points of Interest in the Area
|Southern Wall Archaeological Park|
|Day tour of Jeruslaem|