Jaffa Raod is one of the longest and oldest streets outside the old city of Jerusalem.
It stretches from “Jaffa gate” to the end of Jerusalem-Tel-Aviv highway.
Paved in 1861, to link Jerusalem with Jaffa, “Jaffa road” quickly became the main axis west of the old city.
Along it various shops were established, as well as the main vegetable market (Mahane Yeudah market), and other institutions.
Today the road is limited to Tram and pedestrian use only.
|Jaffa Road on Wikipedia|
|Jaffa Road on Google Maps|
Points of Interest in the Area
|Ben Yehuda Street|
|Mahane Yehudah Market|