“Mishkenot Sha-ananim” was the very first Jewish neighbourhood formed outside the city walls of the old city of Jerusalem.
Founded in 1860, it marks the beginning of Jerusalem’s expansion to the west.
Within the neighborhood are also remains of the Roman era aquaducts that delivered water to Jerusalem from the South.
|“Mishkenot Sha’ananim” on Wikipedia|
|“Mishkenot Sha’ananim”on Tripadvisor|
|“Mishkenot Sha’ananim” on Google Maps|
|“Mishkenot Sha’ananim” Website|
Points of Interest in the Area
|Ketef Hinnom tombs|
|Mamilla Pedestrian Mall|