Saint George Monastery is located in a beautiful “wadi” (dry river bed) 20 minutes drive east of Jerusalem.
It is named after Georgias of Choziba who dwelt in the monastery in the 6th century CE.
The monastery was abandoned after the Muslim conquest, but reinhabited in 1878 by a Greek monk, and to this day is operated by the Greek Orthodox Patriachate.
|Saint George Monastery on Wikipedia|
|Saint George Monastery on Tripadvisor|
|Saint George Monastery on Google Maps|
Points of Interest in the Area
|Good Samaritan Inn|
|Baptism site (qasr el-Yahud)|